A Life After Law School

Now that I've slapped the New York Bar Exam on the ass, and I am a real lawyer, Im going to use this blog to demonstrate the humor in life, to get a jump on all the non-law-related things I want out of life, and to prove once and for all that YES, THERE IS A LIFE AFTER LAW SCHOOL!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

If I were a judge....

THIS is the kind of thing that I would do!





















THE SMOKING GUN has reported that a Texas Bankruptcy Judge recently quoted a line from Adam Sandler's Billy Madison, in his opinion dismissing a motion which he deemed incomprehensible!

In a footnote, the judge stated:

"Or in the words of the competition judge to Adam Sandler's title character in the movie, 'Billy Madison', after Billy Madison had responded to a question with an answer that sounded superficially reasonable but lacked any substance,

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Deciphering motions like the one presented here wastes valuable chamber staff time, and invites this sort of footnote."


Bravo, Your Honor! That's one of my favorite movies of all time! :)

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

A lady lawyer that once played
"Kick the Can", enjoys music, and mentions hallucinogenic tea use
by an obscure New Mexico Village qualifies in my Journal as a
"Personality of Some Interest"!

It occured to me, that if an ambitious member of that tiny pious group
possessed organizational skills,
we might soon see a new version of
~"TheChurchOfWhat'sHappeningNow!"~

With a Totally Bonckers World as a backdrop, why do I spin my wheels
authoring a Reality Weblog? Well, there are times when it's deemed necessary just to maintain a balance,
that's why!

Comment, your Honor? reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home